Wednesday, March 16, 2011

From the Inside


I have been motivated to create a new goal for myself every month this year. During the month of march I have not given up, I have taken a new approach to my goal. Although this one is not a physical project, it is a project that is about being me. Too often did I find myself wanting to compete, change my body, look a certain way, perform a certain way to please others. The drive was starting to be found on the outside rather than the inside. Outside of me was goal oriented, the inside was crumbling. So I have made march about the goal of being ME.
How often is it about you? How often do you pick something during your day that solely focuses on your needs for yourself?
We sometimes have other people doing this for us, but we forget an important aspect of digging inside instead of outside and helping ourselves.
I see this with many of my clients who are beautiful mothers, athletes, parents, business owners, and hard workers. They put other people before them. My job to them, I always start my training sessions by saying "This time, this hour of training that we spend together is about YOU. Its about your work, your body, your mindset, your goals."

I post this picture of Joe Pa during a strength and conditioning practice at Penn State, 2011 because it shows just this. At a ripe age of 84, he is still showing who he is, his passion, his efforts, and his love. Its for the game. That last 10 minutes of gassers at the end of practice is for the team, for the coaches, for the glory, but starts within YOU. Others will see this, become inspired and the efforts continue.

Forget about what the 'outside' wants or wants to see. Dig deep and find it from the inside. Be who you are, rely on that to help you overcome our obstacles. Create new challenges for yourself; and know that every month it can be something that works on you from within to shine without.

Be it. dream it. believe it.

-K-Fed.


No comments:

Post a Comment