Wednesday, June 2, 2010

LIFE...be my Party.

“I don’t live in either my past or my future. I’m interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we’re living now.” The Alchemist

Desires, goals, wishes, dreams...all can be achieved with short term goals, leading to long term goals, and living in the present. What does this all take? Strength, dedication, determination, motivation, and courage. Selfishness? Maybe looked at that way by some, but to others its a sign of passion for your personal legend.

Among the other handful of things I do, teaching indoor cycling classes has recently been a big part of my life party. I party in the cycle room? Yes. Think about it...you have great music, energy, high intensity, and friends to be with in the same room for an hour. What could be better? (you're probably staying drinks) Yes, I agree...however lets stick to the detox part of my Party. We're taking health and fitness here people.

I begin and end my class with how to get the most out of your 'hour of power' for YOU. Take the time to focus on your personal drive, existence, and presence in the room. Take your mind off of 'sitting' on your stationary bike...go to another place..get your mind right and lets party. The majority of our workout intensity is factored and controlled by our mental imaging. If you believe you can do it...set your mind up...your body will follow. Exercise has also been found to increase levels of "brain-derived neurotrophic factor" (BDNF). This substance is thought to improve mood...this may explain my current 'high' on life. No drinks needed my friends....I'm still a good time.

What is my reasoning behind all of this? I'm finding that life is what you make of it...what you put into your personal legend is what you're going to get out of it. Same goes for your workouts, diet, and your activities of daily living. Sure, its easy to say, but mentally...you have to be in it to win it.

Current things that are making my life a great party:

Reading-
I find myself not being able to put down a book. Current good reads: Born to Run. The Alchemist. Connected.
Music-
B.O.B-Airplanes. Usher-OMG. Lady GaGa-Alejandro (just because a guy at LA fitness who was spotting me told me to remember his name was Alejandro and started singing the song...priceless)
Friends-
I'm inspired by the people who also like to party with me...learning new pathways, trust, and honesty has become a huge part of my life. So THANK YOU!
Family-
Inspiration, power, courage and strength through them.
Twitter:
You heard...I'm trapped..sucked in...like a laser beam. (insert Jim Carey here)
News, Sports, New Friends, Ideas, What a genius idea on how to stay connected!
Food-
Light Agave syrup, poland spring sparkling water, stew leonards vanilla and caramel coffee, Stride 5 gum. (wow I sounds boring...) Food I think about everyday--frozen yogurt, tortilla chips and salsa, pizza and cheese....WINE...I had to vent and get that out....

On a side note: dropped 2 more lbs and 1% of body fat :) I'll go on a limb and say I'm seeing definition. My current struggle right now is decreasing the size of my "athletic looking" legs...as Bruce calls them. AKA...get out of here quads!

Stay classy...Party on....

-KFeD

No comments:

Post a Comment