Monday, August 23, 2010

ACCOMPLISHMENT



–noun
1.
an act or instance of carrying into effect; fulfillment: the accomplishment of our desires.

Desire? Motivation? Goal setting? Anyway you want to look at it, an accomplishment or achievement is something to be proud of. So I stand in front of you today knowing I am proud of what I did, how I did it, and that I achieved my goal. I set my mind to it, I did it, I'm proud.

Taking a step back: 16 weeks ago I thought of how long of a road it was going to be to get through this. Now, its over, the dedication, training, strict diet. Its now over, yet I have to look at it like life has just begun. My new journey into nutrition, performance, levels of dedication, and drive. Not only for my career, but also in life. I didn't do this for me, but for what I can bring to the table for other people, my clients, family and friends. If I can do it, anyone can. I'm just here to show you how.

It took more than trust in people to help. You learn a lot about yourself in the way others move you to pursue your dreams. I've learned how to trust and how to be trusted. I've learned when to say yes, when to say no, and how to listen to my body. Could I have done things differently? Sure...more protein, less cardio, more reps, no eating after nine. Sure. Would that have changed my outlook about this in the long run? No. I don't look in the mirror and ask what i could have done different to win first, I say to myself...Hell Yes, Congrats.

What was the hardest part? The last week. The final countdown. Eating was fine, chicken and asparagus. I ate to live, I didn't live to eat. The hardest part was taking out what we take for granted. Water. 64 oz, 32 oz, 16 oz, 8 oz, sips. That was the drill. Down to the final day. I found myself licking icecubes to quench my thirst only to feel bad about what I was doing and how it was going to affect my physique the next day. Talk about feeling awful.

What was the best part? Standing on stage, being proud of the body god gave me. Realizing that the people I loved the most were all there watching me and proud of me. Listening to their cheers, praise, and voices kept me going while I held my pose. The best part was the lights, cameras, and action. I made this journey my dance, my performance, and my dream. It became my reality.

I don't leave with just that. Its not over...my competitive nature has just begun. 3rd place...I'll take it. Will I do another, you may have to wait and find out. Will it be soon? My Answer: Football season starts in 12 days.

Until then: I cherish the chocolate covered pretzels, chips and salsa, pizza, and frozen yogurt I'm now putting back into my diet. All in moderation that is :)



4 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see what's next for you K.Fed...big things on the horizon. I'm also excited that next time we hit up Stewies we'll be eating frozen yogurt TOGETHER!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara never doubted you. Im just sorry I missed seeing you on stage...but I bet I'll have another chance to see you. Maybe this time we can do it together and I'll be on stage with you! Way to rock girlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROCK AND ROLL! There is NOTHING you can't do.

    In just the few months I have known you, I am totally impressed with your dedication to everything you touch. It's contagious to all people that cross your path.

    I am so impressed and got teary eyed when I saw the final photo from the competition with your hand up in the air. So sweet.

    Now just enjoy the last few weeks of summer and smell the air. You deserve it. Regroup and then begin to attack your next goal with a clean slate both physically and mentally. I can't wait to see what's next.

    My hero.

    - Steven

    ReplyDelete