Sunday, November 21, 2010

Training ADD










I recently read a great article on t-nation.com referring to training ideas before bodybuilding. To read the full article, find it here:

#8 Thing I wish I knew before training for bodybuilding: Don't have Training ADD.

If I could describe myself in one phrase during my competition training, this would be it!
Crossfit, lifting heavy, dancing, endurance training, cycle classes, swimming...you name it, I did it to prepare for my show. Was it fun, sure...but was it right...no.

I was exhausted and drained both mentally and physically because I wanted to do it all. Sometimes when you think you're superwoman (or man) you're up so high until something called exhaustion comes and slaps you across the face to tell you to slow down.

Programs work, this is why training is science.

To achieve your goals, it takes time to periodize your schedule to see the right results. If your goals are fat loss, weight loss, building strength, increasing flexibility, it all takes time. Your success can't be delivered UPS overnight.

Slow down to look at the science behind it and make it obtainable. Release yourself from the gimmicks, build a system that works for you and stick with it. Not only will this mentally prepare you for success, but also allow your mind to centralize your outcome.

Make sure your program includes the following aspects: exercise, nutrition, rest and recovery.

Questions about your program? I'm learning to become an expert. At life. Send them to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment