Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It Appears to be a CupCake


I've been stuck on writing because of how scattered my emotions/feelings/life has been these past few weeks. I have had great success in the physical appearance and attributes of my body (so they say) but is what I see in themirror really what's there? Is what I'm training for really a sport? Sports to me are
1. competitive
2. interactive
3.physically and mentally challenging
4.FUN.
The fun part about the sport of training for a figure show has been seeing the results. Getting there has been the challenging part...which in most parts of this journey have not been fun. Science is fun, or should be fun. Figuring out what works and what doesn't is fun if you come up with a result that wins. When its your own body you are using for your science project, not so much fun. My science project is to win.
What foods make me gain or cut weight? Match that with the question of what cardio and lift program I should follow? Did I do too much, not enough? Throughout the day all I have left is "Must keep going."
There is nothing simple about the bodybuilding world people....trust me.

So I'll separate the fun and not so fun for this post:
Fun:
Dropping weight and jean size. (what girl doesn't want to see that!?)
Not Fun:
Not having hundreds of dollars to buy new jeans because you can fit two legs in one of your old pairs of sevens. :(
Do I now save a 'non competition pile' and 'competition pile' in my closet??
Fun:
Learning how to cook healthy foods- Check out my great friend and food enthusiast; Ms. Kelly Hanson's blog: http://asexypieceofmeat.blogspot.com/
Not fun:
Taking chicken, egg whites, and veggies into Fenway Park.
Fun:
Being able to get through a workout faster than a guy :)
Not Fun:
Morning cardio on an empty stomach.
Fun:
Accomplishing and achieving goals. Physical, mental, work.
Not Fun:
Sacrificing socialization in new city
Fun:
Looking tan without really 'tanning'
Not Fun:
Having your coach ask if you just worked on your car because it looks like you have oil on your neck from the Mystic tan you got the night before.
Fun:
Learning new things about my body and being able to teach my experiences to my clients and others.
Not Fun:
Relying on coffee and caffeine to get through my day and realizing that I can't put down a box of wheat thins or triscuits.

So you ask the question: what is the first thing you're going to do after the competition?
My answer: Learn to have fun again with life without sweating the small stuff. I'll learn to not worry about how much sodium is in my protein shake, if I ate too many banana chips, or did enough burpees to cut enough calories for the day.
What am I looking forward to: only one hour in the gym per day, time with friends, energy for classes, happy hours.

Until then...17 days and counting.

17 days to make this sport as fun as I possibly can by putting a smile on my face, staying focused.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel...and it just so happens to be in the shape of a cupcake.







2 comments:

  1. Wow...love the honesty K.Fed, my favorite post to date. It's been interesting seeing your transition throughout the process. At first it seemed like you found that robotic-like state, just pushing without giving yourself time to think about it. Then BAM now you're more in tune with yourself than ever before. Good stuff.

    P.S.- Thanks for including my blog in your post! Can't wait to do more fun things with ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When your mind hits the wall, hit the wall with your head and smash it. Then pick up the pieces and throw them as hard as you can through a sheet of glass. Listen to to the crystals as they hit the ground as the shatter any blocks in your brain. Then you are ready to rock on forward!

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete