Sunday, August 15, 2010

...It's Where the Heart is!


Somehow 16 weeks has turned into 6 days.
6 days until my journey finally becomes a reality. This reality of me stepping on stage is becoming real with every ounce of chicken
and asparagus I consume. :)


Meal 1: 6 egg whites
Meals 2-5: 5 oz chicken 5 oz of Asparagus or broccoli
Distilled Water and supplements.


I look at this week with an attitude and appreciation for
everything around me. Appreciating the moments where I've felt like giving up, only to turn to memories and advice from people who have challenged me mentally and physically. Appreciating the moments where I have seen changes in my physical and mental attributes. Appreciating the engine that God gave me to use to the best of my abilities. The appreciation to transform, engage, love, and hold steady to values and goals. The appreciation for those around me who have been so supportive.


HOME: HAPPY VALLEY:
I laughed this weekend. I laughed a lot. My dad hates the smell, look, taste, everything about green vegetables. I come home and the only thing I'm eating is asparagus and broccoli. I laugh because I can't imagine how much he was cringing inside when he had to smell it not just for one meal, but for 5. Even when we went out to lunch at Chilli's...I order the waitress to heat up my prepared meal for me while my parents order a healthy chicken salad. I couldn't do it without them.


I laugh at my parents supportive sense of humor about my diet, lifestyle, and workouts. I took a step outside of the box this weekend and viewed my life from their eyes...laughed not only because it looks pretty insane, but to see the joy and learn from the insanity. So, I opened up their world of insanity/the newest trend of the vibram 5 finger shoes. My dad now has it down to a science on how to put them on in less than a minute for each shoe. My mom mastered the technique of the the intrinsic movements within her little toe to make the shoe easier to get in. My Parents too, have stepped outside the box of their running shoes into something that separates their style, stability, and uniqueness about their tribute to their own bodies.


This weekend I laughed, learned, and now appreciate more than I ever have the family and friends I have. The support and confidence I have been blessed with from my parents has been something no other two people could have taught me.


I step outside this week: outside my cravings, feelings, emotions toward my goal...put it all together and JUST DO IT.



6 pounds of chicken...check
6 pounds of broccoli...check
6 pounds of asparagus...check
4 dozen eggs....check
4 gallons of distilled water...check.


HEART.SMILE.LIVE.GROW.APPRECIATE.







2 comments:

  1. This where strength in the mind is just as valuable as strength in the muscles. Stay strong... you are about to open the door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, I had no idea you were doing this? Those veggies are actually what I et on a regular basis! I guess it looks s though you are just trying to get in shape? That is a noble thing to do, but you will notice it in everything you do in your life.. For example, those veggies are actually going to give you longer lasting energy, they are more difficult for the body to break down, meaning more energy to break them down!

    ReplyDelete